Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Making mistakes

When I began my career, I had irrational fear of making mistakes. I worried that every time I made a mistake, people would realize that I was not smart or didn't know as much as I should or whatever. At this point in my career, I've been more comfortable with accepting the fact that mistakes happen-in all aspects of my life. I've learned to chalk up those mishaps into learning experiences. I'm also still learning how to suppress my extreme emotions to certain situations. I sort of raised my voice at my project team today when they were not "pointing fingers" but they kind of were. I'm disappointed in myself for raising my voice, but I take this as a learning experience and an action item that I have to avoid next time. I think become more comfortable with the fact that mistakes happen and help you grow in your personal life and in your career. I need to learn to react differently next time, and I'm sure this challenge will present itself again. Especially in my job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree; I hate making mistakes, even if they're all "learning experiences." Fuck learning!