Thursday, January 1, 2009

Resolutions: 2009

Every year I claim that I will start a hobby. Last year it was decoupage. So, this year, I'm still trying to find my "thing". Sometimes I feel that I'm always on the search to find my "thing" in life. Anyhow, these are my goals:

  1. Commit to a healthy and active lifestyle.

    I have weight to lose, and I think I've been coming to terms with the fact that my body isn't what it used to be. It takes longer to lose weight, and I have to be more cautious with what I eat. So, this year I will try to really focus on a healthy lifestyle.


  2. Pay off my debts.

    I'm on my way to release the hold that debt has on my lifestyle. Luckily, I make enough to pay my debts off and still save money, but with an uncertain economy, its becoming more important for me to have a bigger savings and not accountable for any unnecessary bills.


  3. Cook more often.

    I cook pretty often as it is. I do however, want to cook healthier food. I've gotten really lazy about cooking my own food and have resorted to pastas, which I normally don't like to do. This year I want to create my own enchilada sauce, my own marinara sauce and make my own hummus. I want to have my own collection of signature recipes.


  4. Pick up a hobby.

    I'm still looking for a hobby. I'd like to grow my own vegetables, but we don't have a place for that here. I was interested in maybe a community garden or something like that, because I like the idea of growing my own vegetables for cooking. I'm still interested in learning to salsa, or sewing. I'm going to keep searching for that hobby.


  5. Read more often.

    Just because I don't have an hour commute on the train is no excuse to stop reading, but for some reason I have. So, I'm going to try to read at least 12 books this year.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should try container gardening -- you can probably find books at the library on the subject, or just look for info online. You'll probably want to start planning this soon!

And if you want some starts for the hummus, marinara and enchilada sauces, let me know...I can point you in that direction.