Monday, March 10, 2008

No regrets.

I had a meeting with my boss today. I've been at my current job for 5 months. A few weeks after I had joined, it was time to set goals and get reviewed. Since I hadn't been there very long, I hadn't expected to get a real review. But I did. My boss gave me a full review based on my performance so far. And let me tell you, it was the best review I have ever had. On top of that, I got a raise and 122 more shares of stock. I was really surprised. In fact, our conversation was very much in the direction of "performing at the next level" which means that my boss might be feeling that I am in the direction of a promotion. Its nice to feel appreciated. My boss told me that he had hoped that he felt that me moving my life across the coast was worth it, and that I had no regrets about my decision. On the contrary, it was the best decision for my career and my sanity. I don't regret a thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats awesome! im very proud of you. i havent been at my job for 5 months, but i received some very high praise today, which made everything i have been though the last couple of weeks worthwhile. when you work hard, it really does pay off. congrats! =)