Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Co-worker

So, it turns out I'm not the only one getting over an ex. The co-worker invited me out again this evening. However, I noticed that he spent a lot of time with some random Indian girl that he did not introduce me to. After a couple of hours, he said, "Don't freak out, but my ex-girlfriend is here". WTF? Freak out? Anyhow, we went to another bar, and he said, he wanted to go home and watch some movie. I texted him and told him to tell me what he was watching, to which he responded Ocean's 13 and that he was happy I came out and was apologetic for being "unfun". I have to admit. I'm slightly confused. Initially, I figured he was interested, because he did invite me somewhere, and he is a guy, and typically guys like to bone. But, I sorta started to think he wasn't interested. Until this evening. Why would I freak out? We are only friends....or so I thought. But, it just made me realize that other people are going through shit too. His ex is 21 and he is 28. Enough said. But its only been 2 months, so I'm sure he'd take her back if she agreed. As a rule I don't date guys who have been in recent relationships because I know how that goes. That girl will always have sway. According to his friends, he was really in love with her. I texted him back telling him I understood. Exes are hard. We all have been through it. I'm just stoked I know better. I hope he does...

3 comments:

Shawn said...

complicated. that is all i have to say for now.

cherie said...

Yeah, I might be way over-analyzing. Its strange he didn't introduce me. Everyone introduced me to everyone. He told me she was standing right next to me. Anyhow, the last thing I need is some co-worker drama. He obviously still cares for her. And of course, he told me "It was a long story". Of course it is. I'm sure we can be friends though. I really haven't had a friend I was attracted to in a long time...might be fun.

Shawn said...

"I really haven't had a friend I was attracted to in a long time...might be fun."

might be dangerous. be careful.

it will be interesting to see if you are able to apply your own advice to this situation.

cant wait to watch it all play out. =)