Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Hanging with married men

A couple of weeks ago, I was invited to get drunk with two co-workers. I obliged o because they are very cool people. Both married men of course. During the course of the evening, one of them went home, and I was hanging out with the other one. We had multiple beers and then went to dinner and then went to a different bar and drank more. We talked about work stuff and other stuff too. That was that.


Today I get an IM from the one I was hanging out with, and maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I felt like there was some flirting going on. Very very subtle, but still just a hint of a flirtation. I might totally be reading into this, because I've never hung out with a married man alone and part of me thinks that's a little dangerous, but I'm pretty convinced he's fairly happily married. His IM pic has a picture of his wife and kids. And while I'm aware that married people fool themselves into thinking they are happy, he's Indian, so I'm forced to think that culturally he's not American and probably would stay faithful to his wife.



And yet, part of me is a tiny bit concerned. Both of the men stated that they hang out with girls freely, and that their wives do as well. So either these two are swingers or they are just very mature about allowing opposite sex friendships. I don't know, what do you think? Is this weird? Or is this just marriage 2.0?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha. let me tell you this sweetie. married men are even more scandalous than single men. esp the ones who live in south orange county. they not only cheat on their wives, but they do it with OTHER MEN. walk away. in fact, RUN.