Sunday, February 3, 2008

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself

--Mark Twain

While we were laying in bad after the heavy make-out session, the co-worker asked me "Do you ever get lonely?" It was an interesting question because one year ago I would have said yes. But, this is a new time for me and I told him the truth. "No. I've never really been happy in a relationship, except for one time, but other than that, I'm happy being single. In fact, I'm happier than I've been in a long time." That was the truth. I'm not lonely and I've realized no other person can fill something in me that I'm missing. I can't find happiness in someone else. I think that bitter little lesson came with the whole Chris debacle. But it was a lesson I had to learn. Dating sucks, and men can be extremely selfish creatures. So it feels good to be focused on me and exactly what I want, not what makes someone else happy. I'm sure at some point I'll want to care about someone else, but for now caring about me is enough.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have said it better. :)

Anonymous said...

i feel like you stole this from my blog. or a sex and the city episode.

so im just going to leave it at that. =)

cherie said...

Um, I don't steal anything from your blog sweetheart, so don't even for one minute think that shit. Last I checked your blog was littered with Mandy Moore references and Johnny Depp bashing and sprinkled with "Oh Darin" moments. Thanks.

And thanks Strangeltlgirl.