Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Ringing in the New Year: San Jose style

This girl I met at the airport recently called me earlier this week to see if I wanted to go with her and her friends to the Improv for New Year;s eve with Charlie Murphy (Eddie Murphy's brother). The evening started at a local bar where I had a pomegranite mojito and a beer. At the venue, we were given free champagne, which I took full advantage of. After about my 5th glass of champagne, Charlie Murphy came on stage and I started to feel sick. I went to the restroom and threw up twice. I then went back to my seat grabbed my jacket and stumbled to my car without telling the group I was leaving (too drunk to care). I drove five blocks to my house, parked in a red zone and disrobed as soon as I got into my house. I threw up some more and when I hit the bed, the clock said 12:03. I missed Charlie Murphy's act and the ringing of the new year. I can tell 2008 will be a great year.


So, here are my resolutions this year:



  1. No more drinking and driving!-I've taken too many risks lately. Asking a cop for directions while drunk should have been the tipping point.

  2. Pick up two new craft hobbies and stick to them. (decoupage and sewing)

  3. Get to my goal weight by May. (still in progress)

  4. Make my bed every morning.

  5. Start or join a Latin Lit book club.

  6. Listen more and talk less. (this blog doesn not apply)



How often do people actually stick to their resolutions? Anyone want to share theirs?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the more things change the more things stay the same.

im still laughing from that story. classic diane. just classic.

my resultion this year is to let go of old attachments. thats it. i think if i can do that then everything else will fall in to place.

btw, my word verification today was:

DforU

i thought that was funny.

cherie said...

Haha. You're right it totally is very me to get wasted way before the actual event. Let's see if we actually keep our resolutions...thats the hard part!
-DforU